DIRECTIONS TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to info@YESiskiyou.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications submitted through Facebook will not be considered. Closing date January 29, 2020.
The private non-profit agency Youth Empowerment Siskiyou advocates for trauma-exposed, foster and at-risk youth. YES operates a Court Appointed Special Advocate program as well as a trauma-informed summer camp program.
Youth Empowerment Siskiyou is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Camp Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: 32 hours per week/hourly, some weekends required
BENEFITS: Eligible for medical insurance enrollment
LOCATION: Office in Yreka, CA with some travel required
Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, this grant-funded position will coordinate and participate in all aspects of YES’s summer camp program.
• Attend two weeks of trauma-informed summer camp each year. Camp includes activities such as white-water rafting, hiking, swimming and horse back riding.
• Coordinate administration of camp, including location, activities, transportation and contracts with outside agencies
• Partner with community agencies to solicit and process prospective camper referrals
• Plan and lead camp information sessions
• Interview, screen and select prospective youth and families for participation in camp program
• Recruit, screen and train adult volunteers, including young adult camp counselors
• Administer camper surveys and organize and track camper personal data
• Provide campers and families with referrals to outside resources as necessary
• Partner with Program Assistant to plan and implement camp outreach and marketing, including speaking engagements
• Plan and lead quarterly camper reunion events
• Plan and lead weekend family camp event
• Assist in grant reporting under supervision of Executive Director
• Other duties as needed and outlined by supervisor
• Ability to pass background check
• Possession of valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable vehicle for travel
• Knowledge of principles of trauma-informed care
• Experience as a volunteer or supervising volunteers
• Experience supervising children in outdoor activities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills, including data entry, and familiarity with Google Docs and Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Ability to keep all client information confidential
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
• Ability to organize and prioritize various tasks